Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 - The Year of Community

Our will to endure can burn brightly - even in the darkness.
I've been reflecting, and I believe that 2016 is the year for community. Before I get into what I forecast for the New Year, we have to look back at 2015.

In 2015, I wrote that it should be a year of light, that we should shine as light in the darkness. By that, I meant, that we should continue to brave through the evil corruption that the Lozano and Manny Carrillo Administration cast against us, even when we didn't know where it'd lead.

The bearing of witness to the truth and the will to endure has been rewarded. This year, the Boxing Coach, Julian Casas, was able to win a significant attorney's fee hearing, in the beginning of the year, teaching the City a hefty lesson for covering up their scandals. We were able to sue the City of Baldwin Park for arresting and jailing me, in July, once again to shut us up from telling the world about what Manny Carrillo and Lozano did to us. Also, I was able to prevail, and get a second court order against Baldwin Park for not obeying the first court order to release records. Regarding the second case, court briefing has finished before the end of the year about another corrupt issue the City Attorney and Manny Carrillo are involved in. (I'll discuss more about it in the next court case.) In summary, in 2015, the truth has and is piercing through the darkness.

Not only did we bear the truth to others, the public has been invited to bear the truth of what's been happening in Baldwin Park too. Publicity has been great for us and bad for them. The LA Times covered our story in the front page. The San Gabriel Valley Tribune and La Opinion also managed to stress all of the misconduct the Lozano and Carrillo administration have committed.

Regarding exposing lies and deception, it was great that we exposed that Manuel Lozano, Ricardo Pacheco, Raquel Monica Garcia, Robert N.-Tafoya, and Manny Carrillo all have a criminal background. (And there's still more to come!) They're in the business of stealing taxpayer money.

I hope in 2016, the number of lawsuits multiply and so does the publicity. Justice still must be brought to this criminal syndicate, who is in the business of laundering our taxpayer money. Let us never forget - that in Manny Carrillo's quest for more money, he tried to kill our boxing club. But we stood up against him and won back our gym.

I stress once again that justice must brought against these evildoers. And in doing so, I'd like the world to see how a small, little boxing club, brought down the evil and corrupt criminal Lozano-Carrillo syndicate.

Nonetheless, there was bad news too, though. I feel like our community still felt the suffering of Carrillo's firing of the head boxing coach. Salt was only added to the wound, when Carrillo hired a known criminal to replace him - who also had to be fired.

From that experience, I learned something important. I want the boxers and the world to know, that the worst thing any government can do is destroy communities and breakdown the trust and relationships we have with each other. In the face of these malicious intentions, we must endure, persevere, and continue to look out for each other's interests and well being.

Towards the end of the year, I took a break to New Zealand. My trip to New Zealand changed my life. There, I reconnected with the community I once had - from my former judo club, to my former coworkers, my former church friends, and my former international friends. It healed me and gave me perspective for the year to come.

Thus, I know that our wounds need to heal. We need to value the importance of relationships with each other. And we must remember, to be courageous for others, when confronted with threats, lies, and violence from the Lozano-Carrillo Administration.

I end with these words, to follow in your personal life, and for the community. I'll do my best to follow them too. "Remember that I have commanded you to be determined and confident! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 GNT).

No comments:

Post a Comment