Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Inglewood Mayor like Mayor Lozano Sues Activist - LA Times Repost

James Butt, Mayor of Inglewood
Inglewood Mayor, James Butt, hated being exposed by a local citizen. But instead of changing, he wasted city resources suing the resident - in hopes of shutting him up. Folks, we live in the United States of America, and our forefathers stated that we have the right to criticize our public officials without retaliation or the fear of it.

If you're new to this blog, my story is that I was a victim of a Mayor attacking me. The City of Baldwin Park arrested, jailed, and strip-searched me for leafleting and booing. Mayor Manuel Lozano then tried to destroy my reputation by filing a meritless temporary restraining order against me. Too bad, I defeated him and his lawyer, Robert Nacionales-Tafoya. It was a very violating experience and shameful for the small-minded City of Baldwin Park.

I'm writing to let you know this is happening across our country. At some point, I'll explain why the right to speak and tell the truth is vital to our democracy - no matter how foul we view what's being said.

Inglewood sues resident over YouTube videos using council footage to bash mayor
by Angel Jennings
The documentary-style videos that Joseph Teixeira has posted on YouTube under the name "Dehol Truth" are not flattering to Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts Jr.
One opens with the mayor boasting at a City Council meeting about Inglewood's efforts to improve traffic flow around the Forum. Pivoting quickly from the meeting, the video hammers away at the mayor's assertions using voice-over, on-screen text and footage of drivers running red lights while pedestrians try to use crosswalks.
Read more at the LA Times on . . . Here

No comments:

Post a Comment