Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Insights into Free Speech

I had an insight into Free Speech yesterday, and I wanted to share it with you. Harry Truman, former president, once said, "Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."

If I read that two years ago, I wouldn't have really understood what it means. It means that once people inside the government want to shut you up, they'll do everything they can, in the most brutal and nastiest ways, until you shut up. That includes hurting those around you you care about.

Recently, a big newspaper outlet contacted me and asked for an interview about everything the City of Baldwin Park has done to me. The worst was when they fired Julian, who worked for the boxing club for 14 years and then gave all the other boxing coaches raises. Let's not forget the arresting and jailing and TRO and everything else.

Now, Carrillo's ordered Salas to be nasty to me in the boxing gym. I mean - come on, I just want to box, be trained, and that's it. But then again, it's in Carrillo's interest to make the gym the worst place on Baldwin Park for his own self-interest of getting rid of me.

So - Truman's right. The City's taken up a position against me to make my life as hellish as possible for speaking and writing the truth against them. You as my readers are seeing what the people in government do when you expose them.

Speaking the truth obviously has that great of an impact. So - don't stop doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment